Crossword puzzle No.24
1. This Buddhist shrine is also known as the Bubbling Well Temple (4'2).
5. Also called Buddha Hill, this handicrafts centre near Guangzhou is famous for its Ancestor Temple.
9. Golda Meir, Israel's Prime Minister from 1969 to 1974, once said: "Let me tell you something that we Israelis have against Moses. He took us 40 years through the desert in order to bring us to the one spot in the Middle East that has no ---!"
11. Where there's a will there could be a way to do this.
13. In China, these professionals once used blocks of silver called sycee as a form of money.
14. The Rongbuk Monastery in Tibet has simple accommodation for people visiting this base camp.
17. Sounds like you need a good source of light to perform this exercise.
20. This Shanghai hotel was first opened in 1929 and now incorporates the old Palace Hotel which was built in1906.
21. The Potala Palace, once the winter residence of the Dalai Lama, dominates this city.
23. Explanation used to avoid responsibility for a crime.
29. This small breed of dog was traditionally sent as a gift to Chinese emperors by Tibet's Dalai Lamas (4,3).
31. In this Chinese city you can visit the Eiffel Tower, the Statue of Liberty and the pyramids of Egypt.
32. Do you eat oodles of these?
33. Scenic Jiangxin Island on the Ou River is an attraction in this Zhejiang Province city.
34. Snakelike fish.
35. This is supposed to bring a sports team good luck.
2. Book of Changes (1,5).
3. This posh Shanghai hotel was built on the site of the former Cercle Sportif Francais.
4. The steno was confused, but took down these memos anyway.
5. The sanxian is a three-stringed version of this.
6. In China, the season for this sport runs from April to November.
7. This person lends money at an extremely high rate of interest.
8. This dialect is spoken in the city of Fuzhou.
10. Kowloon's Chungking Mansions is often described as a tourist ------.
15. Changchun is the capital of this province.
16. Like Deng Xiaoping, this politician was a chain smoker.
17. Queen Elizabeth II drank this on a visit to Shanghai's Huxinting Chashi.
18. This river flows near Yining in Xinjiang Province.
19. This dynasty ruled China from 206 BC to 220 AD.
22. This river meanders through Shanghai.
24. Xinjiang, China's largest province, is mainly populated by this race of people.
25. Also called a silk tree in Asia, this plant shares it's name with a drink made of champagne and orange juice.
26. This style of typeface is often used for footnotes.
27. Go on ?- spoil yourself and have this at Shanghai's trendy Park 97 ...
28. ?- They have a delicious range of these on offer.
30. Don't be this just because you got the set-up wrong.
31. These are useful for eating 32 Across.
See the Solution for puzzle 24
HACKED BY MASOUD
Hacked By Taha_66@hotmail.fr
Hacked By Taha_66@hotmail.fr
Print out the page to do the crossword