Crossword puzzle No.22
3. In the Chinese zodiac, 1998 was the year of this endangered animal.
8. This Ming Dynasty emperor built the basic layout of Beijing's Forbidden City (4,2).
11. Most foreign tourists in China deal with this agency (abb.).
12. Musician's bookings.
13. Chinese-born H. R. Luce said when he started this magazine: "There are men who can write poetry, and there are men who can read balance sheets. The men who can read balance sheets cannot write."
15. At Yongding in Fujian province you can visit the unusual "earth buildings" built by these people.
17. This flower can be seen in the ponds of Shanghai's Yu Garden.
20. This analgesic is derived from opium.
21. The fine art of calligraphy (3,2).
22. The politician Zhou Enlai once said: "----- is an attractive piece of meat coveted by all ... but very tough, and for years no one has been able to bite into it."
23. Putonghua is an example of this as is Yue, Wu and Minbei.
24. The cuisine of Sichuan uses more of this than other regions.
26. Astronaut Neil Armstrong said on July 20, 1969: "Houston, Tranquillity Base here. The ----- has landed."
31. Many Chinese visit Heilongjiang Province to see this for the first time.
33. This traditional Chinese instrument is like a four-stringed lute.
34. This animal, found in Southeast Asia, is about the size of a donkey, looks a bit like a pig and swims well.
35. This Shanghai park, near Hongqiao Airport, has a number of small lakes and pavilions.
36. One of the "Eight Eccentrics of Yangzhou", this painter abandoned the Qing Dynasty idea that an artist shouldn't earn money from his work (2,4).
37. Fishermen use these and the Scottish dance them.
1. This lady rode naked through England's Coventry to persuade her husband to lower taxes.
2. Soak these in horse's urine and you'll have a famous Chinese delicacy.
4. This monastery houses China's largest bell (5, 4, 6).
5. This is used to make varnish and lacquer.
6. It sounds like music was important during the reign of this dynasty.
7. This county, west of Shanghai, supplies the city with most of its freshwater fish.
13. While modernized, many of Shanghai's older buildings have kept these in their original form.
14. Chosen by vote.
15. It's unlikely you'll confuse your shoes with these flexible pipes.
16. This Hawaiian island was devastated by a hurricane in 1992.
18. Chinese Premier Deng Xiaoping once said: "The United States brags about its political system, but the president says one ----- during the election, something else when he takes office, something else at midterm and something else when he leaves."
19. Visit 35 Across and you'll be able to do this.
25. This system of writing Chinese using the Roman alphabet was introduced in 1958.
27. This Chinese Premier was raised in Zhou Enlai's household (2,4).
30. These British noblemen sound like website addresses.
33. In the 1700s, Benedict XIV, holder of this title, condemned the use of native rituals by Indian and Chinese converts to Catholicism.
See the Solution for puzzle 22
HACKED BY MASOUD
Hacked By Taha_66@hotmail.fr
Hacked By Taha_66@hotmail.fr
Print out the page to do the crossword