Crossword puzzle No.21
1. This mythical creature is important in the art of fengshui.
5. Preserve ?- like Mao perhaps.
9. This unit of electrical measurement sounds like a Buddhist mantra.
11. This Shanghai shop, renovated in 1994, was once called the Number
10 Department Store.
12. This group of low coral islands in the South China Sea, south east of Hainan Island, became part of China in 1945.
13. American business tycoon J. P. Getty once said: "The meek shall ------- the earth, but not the mineral rights."
16. This alternative term for Shanghai dates back to the 3rd century BC when the area was a fief of the Lord Chunshen, Prime Minister to the King of the State of Chu.
18. American filmmaker Jack Warner said to Bette Davis after she failed to win an Oscar for her part in Of Human Bondage: "You were very good playing a bitch-heroine, but you shouldn't win an ----- for playing yourself."
21. This is Kowloon's main drag.
22. This word is definitely related to females.
23. You must be confused to taint the reputation of this powerful person.
26. Hospital room.
29. Now part of Vietnam, this region on the South China Sea was ruled by China from 111 BC until AD 939.
33. With its sister ship Shanghai, this passenger liner plies the route between Shanghai and Hong Kong.
34. An example of this type of saying is: "The mountains are high and the emperor is far away", meaning that the further one goes from Beijing, the better.
35. You can expect to do this extremely well if you go to Shanghai's trendy Park97 or the Hai Yue Ting Restaurant in the Hotel Sofitel.
36. This root is used to flavor many Chinese dishes.
37. The English might describe 7 Down as this.
3. This Guangxi city is famous for its scenery and the giant Reed Flute Cave which has a grotto big enough to hold 1000 people.
4. You could reply "I'm fine, thank you" to this well-used Shanghai question (4,3).
5. Xuanzong, who was born in 685, held this title in the Tang Dynasty.
7. Chinese fruit.
8. Qufu, the birthplace of Confucius, is in this province.
10. You're confused! It's not a lump, it's a fruit.
15. Type of anesthetic.
17. Shaoshan, the birthplace of Mao Zedong, is in this province.
19. This is the name for female roles in the Beijing Opera.
20. The People's Currency.
24. Whole number.
25. American civil rights leader Martin Luther King once said: "An individual who breaks a law that conscience tells him is unjust, and who willingly ------- the penalty of imprisonment in order to arouse the conscience of the community over its injustice, is in reality expressing the highest respect for the law."
27. St. Francis was born in this Italian town in 1182.
28. The Qushui Yuan, or the Garden of Meandering Stream, sits beside this lake In Qingpu County, west of Shanghai...
29. ...And you'd better stay this, or you'll get wet!
30. This confused insect turns out to be the most pleasing.
31. This traditional Chinese instrument is like a two-stringed fiddle.
See the Solution for puzzle 21
HACKED BY MASOUD
Hacked By Taha_66@hotmail.fr
Hacked By Taha_66@hotmail.fr
Print out the page to do the crossword