Crossword puzzle No.20
1. Western companies.
6. This northeast Indian state was founded by invaders from Burma and China in the 13th century.
9. The leader of this army, Hong Xiuquan, believed he was the brother of Jesus and the son of God.
10. Found in 1974 in Xi'an, the tomb of Shih Huang-Ti was filled with thousands of ----- cotta horses and soldiers.
11. This tropical fruit is used for jellies and juices.
12. This is one of Shanghai's main shopping streets (7,2).
13. Dissatisfaction as a result of boredom.
14. If a panda gave you a cuddle, would you call it this (4,3)?
16. Collection of papers with detailed information about a person.
18. Orson Welles, the American director and actor who made The Lady from Shanghai, once said: "The word genius was whispered into my ---, the first thing I ever heard, while I was still mewling in my crib. So it never occurred to me that I wasn't until middle age."
19. This type of person always has a plan.
21. This international facility is not far from the Shanghai Zoo.
23. This type of net is large and tapered and is towed along the sea floor.
24. This Shanghai "park" was designed for companies specializing in computers and other hi-tech fields.
27. Charlie Chaplin, the big screen's most famous tramp, once said: "I thought I would dress in ----- pants, big shoes, a cane and a derby hat. ... everything a contradiction: the pants -----, the coat tight, the hat small and the shoes large."
29. If you want to meet some of these, try the Kangaroo Pub in Hong Kong's Kowloon.
30. The China International Travel Agency arranges these.
31. Samuel Langhorne Clemens, author of The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, used this pen name.
1. Cover for an opening in a boat's deck.
2. Buddhists strive to reach this.
3. Hidden supply.
4. This former US Secretary of State, who arranged Nixon's visit to China in 1972, once said: "Next week there can't be any crises. My schedule is already full."
5. This regional form of classical opera was developed in Suzhou, Hangzhou and Nanjing.
6. This person starts a hostile action.
7. The capital of this province is Xi'an.
8. This US city is a popular tourist destination.
14. In the US, 911 is synonymous with an emergency. In Shanghai it's the number of this which goes down 12 Across.
15. Mt. Everest is in this impressive mountain range.
16. This Hong Kong airline flies to Shanghai daily.
17. According to the Chinese Zodiac, 2008 will be the year of this.
20. The best way to see this river is to take a cruise boat from Shanghai's Shilupu Pier.
22. This is the largest of Japan's Ryukyu Islands in the East China Sea.
23. The Potala Palace was once the center of government for this region.
24. Czech Vlastimil Hort holds the record for the most games of this played simultaneously: 201. (He lost only10 of the games!)
25. To have life.
26. This type of tea is made from leaves that aren't fermented before being dried.
See the Solution for puzzle 20
HACKED BY MASOUD
Hacked By Taha_66@hotmail.fr
Hacked By Taha_66@hotmail.fr
Print out the page to do the crossword