Crossword puzzle No.18
1. This is the former name of the Waibaidu Bridge which spans Suzhou Creek, Shanghai.
5. This area has four zones: the Lujiazui Finance and Trade Zone, the Jinqiao Export Processing Zone, the Waigaoqiao Free Trade Zone and the Zhangjiang HI-tech Zone.
9. Mix up fish eggs and you get a metal-bearing mineral mass.
12. Canvas shades.
13. These people call Qinghai Province home.
17. Hefei is the capital of this province.
20. This city hosted the 1988 summer Olympic Games.
21. Bloodsucking worm.
23. This power gets most of China to work every day.
29. The Han Dynasty was founded by this peasant who rebelled against the Qin Dynasty (3,4).
31. Taiwan was formerly known as this.
33. Dig up.
34. Jinshan County is famous for a colorful, simplistic style of this.
35. Want to get online in Shanghai? Try this popular Internet provider.
36. Cricket has this many players in a team.
2. Jackie Chan became famous doing this.
3. Races between these types of boats are held on the fifth day of the fifth lunar month.
4. The British composer Benjamin Britten once said: "Composing is like driving down a foggy road toward a house. Slowly you see more details of the house - the color of the slates and bricks, the shape of the windows. The ----- are the bricks and the mortar..."
5. This hotel was once the home of Sir Victor Sasson's Far Eastern Empire.
6. Small boat.
7. You can stroll around Moon Lake in this eastern Zhejiang city.
8. This square, laid out in 1951, was officially reopened in 1994 and is the home of the Shanghai Museum.
10. For the best in Japanese shopping, check out this on Huaihai Zhong Lu.
15. This leader of the Chinese Communist military forces in the 1930s and 1940s, served as commander in chief after the People's Republic of China was established in 1949 (3,2).
16. Kitchen utensil.
17. Did your pal get mixed up when talking about this mountain?
18. If you are this, perhaps you should go to the World Link Clinic, the Huadon Hospital or the Huashan Hospital.
19. This controversial architect, born in Guangzhou, designed a glass pyramid for the entrance of the Louvre in Paris and the 70-storey Bank of China HQ in Hong Kong.
22. This American actor and director, who made The Lady From Shanghai, once said: "I hate television. I hate it as much as peanuts. But I can't stop eating peanuts."
25. This Welsh-born actor, known for his tempestuous lifestyle, once said: "I rather like my reputation, actually, that of a spoiled genius from the Welsh gutter, a drunk, a womanizer; it's rather an attractive image."
26. We bet you've seen this game being played in China (3-3).
27. Gentle wind.
28. This American star of Some Like It Hot once commented about posing nude for a calendar: "It's not true that I had nothing on. I had the radio on."
30. Most people go to Badaling to see this wall.
31. The dongxiao is a vertical type of this.
See the Solution for puzzle 18
HACKED BY MASOUD
Hacked By Taha_66@hotmail.fr
Hacked By Taha_66@hotmail.fr
Print out the page to do the crossword