Crossword puzzle No.13
1. Chairman Mao inscribed the letters on writer Lu Xun's tomb which lies in this Shanghai park.
5. Ancient Chinese computing device.
10. If you have a heartfelt desire to go shopping, try this department store.
11. If you want to take part in this, check out The Cash Box, the Yangtze New World Hotel or Space Dream World. Ear plugs optional.
12. This actor and director, whose films include Annie Hall, once said: "Eighty percent of success is showing up."
14. Orson Welles, whose films include The Lady from Shanghai, once said: "When you are down and out something always turns up - and it is usually the ----- of your friends."
15. There are over 2,500 varieties of these type of beans.
17. Western companies.
19. This is a great joint if you want to dance.
21. New in Shanghai? It might be safer if you don't hire this.
22. You can see the monumental hanging scroll Traveling Among the Streams and Mountains by the 10th century master of landscape painting, --- Kuan, in the National Palace Museum, Taiwan.
23. This town in central Honshu, Japan, is famous for its temples and shrines.
24. The China International Travel Service organizes these.
26. These vessels carry lug sails.
28. Ailuropoda melanoleuca is the giant type of this.
30. This author wrote in his book The Empire of the Sun: "He always looked forward to the evening drives through the centre of Shanghai, this electric and lurid city more exciting than any other in the world."
31. Many organizations insist their employees wear one of these.
33. Native to southeastern China, this tree is also known as a maidenhair.
34. Need a snack? Try this deep-fried cylindrical casing of thin egg dough, filled with vegetables, seafood or meat (3,4).
2. John Updike, author of The Witches of Eastwick, once said: "A healthy male adult bore consumes each year one and a half times his --- weight in other people's patience."
3. This type of tea is made from leaves not fermented before being dried.
4. See one of the world's largest aquariums at this Hong Kong attraction (5,4).
6. Swifts make this soup possible (5,4).
7. Local lore has it that this hermit lived in the hill near Shanghai where the largest Roman Catholic cathedral in East Asia now stands.
8. This is the world's largest continent.
9. Take a pair of these if you want to have fun at Dagoukui Mountain near Yabuli.
13. This large university is in Guangzhou.
15. Chengdu is the capital of this province.
16. These portable tents are used by nomadic people in central Asia.
17. This city is the capital of Anhui Province.
18. The Square Pagoda and the Screen Wall are in this county.
20. This is a major seaport in southwestern Taiwan.
27. Agrees ... and perhaps bring things to a head.
29. Members of this organization wear a 31 Across.
32. In 1987, Chia became the world's fourth largest producer of this.
See the Solution for puzzle 13
HACKED BY MASOUD
Hacked By Taha_66@hotmail.fr
Hacked By Taha_66@hotmail.fr
Print out the page to do the crossword